Skip to main content

Forgive but not Forget

8 Differences Between True Love and Fake Love - Women's Love Advices
    A common phrase would be ‘forgive and forget’ but not like anything I’m going to share today. At some point in life we go through denial. We even have been treated badly by others. We face incidents that scar us for a life time.
    I’m not saying forgiving is easy but it is possible. Forgetting however is next to impossible because it becomes a constant reminder for you. For instance, during high school we were bullied by some notorious gangsters in your school. Over time you just let go that hatred and eventually you forgive but that painful memory does remain in your mind. Most of us as kids were taught by our parents to forgive and let go. But does that really work? Does that leave you without any impact?
    I strongly urge that you shouldn’t forget whatever incident you go through. I say this is because they become a lesson for you. They prevent you from being a victim again. The next time you face any similar situation, you would know how to handle it.   
    At one point in life, I realized I was surrounded by fake people. I was living up to their standards and not mine. I tried to please them. I thought it was all part of pleasing them. Those I call as friends weren’t really being a friend, especially during desperate and helpless time. At times I thought it was ok. I didn’t look at it seriously. I repeated forgive and forget whatever they did and without my realization, I was only storing up hurt.
     But then, one day, I realize that being treated that way is never ok. Being turned down and betrayed was definitely not ok. The pain and agony I went through after knowing the truth, was really unbearable. All this while, I was the one allowing the hurt to overwhelm me and I was ok with them hurting me over and over again. Honestly I didn’t have the heart to forgive. I began hating them for it. Every time I see them near me I just get angry. I was so angry that I feel like hitting them or yelling at them. But then, I came to my sense that forgiving is not just for them but it is for myself as well. Forgiving allows you to heal. It gives you inner peace because you let go off that hatred and pain. But forgetting that incident is never going to happen because it became a lesson for me. I learnt that not everyone is genuine. Some just put a mask around you and play nice when actually they aren’t.
    If you happen to face similar situation or anything worse, it is ok for you to not forget because it actually helps you save yourself from trouble. But if you are someone who forgive as well as forget, I am not against that. It is also a good thing. It might seem like a bad thing but think about it for a moment. You forgive but you absorb the lesson you got by not forgetting it and that lesson will help you in any sort of situation you face. In a bad situation we can’t see the good but that doesn’t mean there’s any.
    This is my point of you. How about you? Do you agree with or you think forgetting is the best choice? Do share in the comment below.
 By: Abia Iris

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Law Of Attraction

Law Of Attraction. What comes up in your mind when you hear this word? There might be many thoughts running around you. It's all about what you attract, the vibes you attract to yourself. You might think is this even a topic to discuss or is this important? YES! It is important. Your life lies in what you attract. Apart of faith, you have the power in controlling what can happen. Everything happens for a reason in our lives but sometimes we might be the cause. Eventually, our thoughts take control of everything. Laws of attraction can be in any form. It's what you attract, you give them the power. So this happened to my sister, where she admired a motorbike since she was schooling. She used to see a Malay girl riding a pink color motorbike crossing her school. At that point, my sister walks back home and she really wished to buy that motorbike one day. After five years, my sister start working and unexpectedly she bought the exact motorbike. She didn't expect that this

Arowana Care

                                          Based on my previous post. I would like to share few facts about the Arowana.      Arowanas are incredible fish. They are seen as a symbol of luck, wealth and prosperity. Owners of Arowana believe that if they treat the fish well, it will protect them from misfortune and bring the good luck. They are also the world's most expensive aquarium fish and their price vary according to the types of Arowana. Arowanas are also called the 'Dragon Fish' because of its fierce look and its scale. They are also strong and agressive swimmers that can grow up to 4 feet and weigh up to 6kg. If you look after them in the right way, they can live from 10-15 years. Arowanas are beauties in the eye of the beholder but keeping one as pet is not that easy. Arowana requires special care. If you are planning to get one, here are few things you might want to take into consideration. Variation of Arowanas:  South American Arowana - Silver Arowana (Ost

NETFLIX TO SAVE YOUR DAY

By: Abia Iris Tired of repeated shows on the television? No worries, Netflix is here to save your day. Subscribe to Netflix and watch various genre of movies and tv shows. 1) Once Upon A Time                                                                            If you're a fairytale lover r, then this is the right show for you. For the first 6 season, the story is set on the town of Storybrooke, Maine where its residents are fairy tale characters transported to the real world  and are robbed of their memories. The episodes have one segment that shows the details of the character's past lives. 2) To All The Boys I've Loved Before                                                                                                                       The story of Lara Jean, an invisible, high school Asian girl who's life turned upside-down when all her secret love letters were mailed to each of her 5 crushes. Watch how she deals with the conflicts around her and in the e